Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A New Hobby

Hello all!
Those that know me well know that I absolutely do not cook, and I haven't had much of a desire to do so. I love to eat out! Luckily my parents are the same, and a lot of my friends are too. However deep down I have always wanted to be able to cook`a few special dishes. Dishes that I could be proud to bring to family events and what not. This is going to hopefully be my new hobby. I want to learn to make gourmet, yummy food, but still healthy. Hopefully I can incorporate this into my blog since I feel learning to cook is a journey in itself (and that is the theme of this blog!).
A friend on facebook had this website posted on her page: http://foodgawker.com/popular/favorites/7-days/. The first items up to bat that I am going to try are these recipes:
1. Brie, Ham, and Green Apple Quesadilla
2. Avocado Salad
3. Warm White Bean and Spinach Salad

Wish me luck! I will need it!

2 comments:

  1. oo, go you!! those sound delicious, especially #1. if you ever need a tomato basil soup recipe... i have one that is SO easy, and so incredibly good. shocks me every time and gets rave reviews (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that would be wonderful! I have been wanting to try a soup recipe, but am nervous and tomato basil soup is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete