Thursday, January 19, 2012

DIY: Glitter Shoes

Pinterest has truly changed my life. No joke. I brought my sister down with me, and we have wholeheartedly committed our lives to crafting (well almost). This past weekend when I went over to Seattle, we busted out our craft skills (during the Bronco's playoff game and Miss America pageant, I might add!). Our result? We turned some drab shoes into something quite fabulous. The best part? It was super easy and cheap!
Too plain!
Watch out Dorothy!
I am now obsessed with modpodge! Someone might need to restrain me, because I have this overwhelming desire to add glitter to EVERYTHING!  


To turn shoes into glitter shoes:
1. Clean area and lay down newspaper (this project can get messy)
2. Make sure shoes are clean 
3. Paint the modpodge over shoes in section (Not too big or you will end up with a mess)
4. Sprinkle glitter over modpodge area
5. Repeat until entire shoe is covered
6. Let dry!

Pretty simple right? Now I just need this snow to go away so I can rock these babies.



6 comments:

  1. Oh my god! That's amazing! I'm so impressed. That turned out so well for you I may have to try it haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was contemplating this project, but.... not sure.

    http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh i am in love with this DIY, its perfect, your blog is so lovely, i will be visiting again very soon :)

    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.com/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great with the glitter!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE YOUR BLOG, VERY COOL! VISIT MY BLOG AND IF YOU LIKE IT FOLLOW ME ON GOOGLE FRIENDS AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO FOLLOW YOU BACK <3
    XOXO
    A_C'EST MOI
    LAMODEOUICESTMOI.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, adorable! Would never have thought to do that with Oxfords!

    Jenn

    passengerseatperspectives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete